Volunteer with us!
Education For All has expanded since its beginning in 2007. We now have three houses: one in Asni, one in Talat n’Yacoub and a third house in Ouirgane (under construction at the moment and it will open soon). We are interested in a volunteer being present at each of the three houses throughout the school year. The main focus for the volunteer is to assist the housemother in the daily running of the house, as well as assisting the girls in gaining a wider perspective of the world.
Do you enjoy working with young people?
Are you interested in a cultural exchange?
Do you have time that you are willing to give?
Your average day will involve:
- Teaching French or English and IT skills.
- Assisting with the cooking
- Running errands for the housemother when required.
- Possibility of visits to the homes of the girls on alternate weekends.
- Maintaining contact with sponsors and members of the Education For All community.
READ ELIZABETH TOOLE’S article, My EFA volunteer experience.
Please also read Karima Targaoui’s article on her time as a volunteer.
You are free to pursue any outside interests that you have in Morocco—you are not bound to stay in the house at all times.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Ideally, we are looking for fluent French speakers to help the girls with their French studies. It is all but essential that you have, as a minimum, a working knowledge of French.
- You will have some experience of working with or teaching young people or those learning English as a foreign language
- Ability to use basic computer programmes.
Length of commitment:
- Any length of time from 3 months to 9 months, however you must leave the country to gain a new visa after every 3 months.
What personal qualities would the ideal candidate hold?
- You must be dynamic, autonomous and eager to talk to people (the language barrier must not be a problem for you).
- A willingness to learn new skills and ways of living.
- An openness to sharing your own culture and ideas.
- Organisational skills to assist with the running of the household.
- Innovation and a willingness to revise the way things run.
- An interest in promoting the organisation through presenting to small groups and maintaining website links.
What do you get in return?
- Board and lodgings are provided (sorry, but this is not a paid position).
- Lots of entertainment everyday.
- Personal and job satisfaction—there is a definite reason to get out of bed here!
Does this sound like you?
If you are interested in applying to volunteer in one of the houses, please download and fill in the application form linked to at the bottom of this post and e-mail it with a short covering letter to .
Sorry, but this position is only open to female applicants, but feel free to e-mail us for ideas about how male applicants can assist in Morocco.
Please indicate when you would like to come to work in the houses. Each case will be considered on an individual basis, however a cross over period for volunteers is desirable.
Current positions are:
We are recruiting every year from October to June.
NB: From late April to the end of the academic year, the girls have exams so if you come during this period you won’t have a lot of time to play games or teach English to them. However, if you want to come and help them with their English lessons (They learn English from the 3rd year of college), or if you speak French or Arabic, you could be very useful for them and help them to attain good marks at the exams.
Although our preference is to have volunteers work over a 3-month period, please contact us if you can only manage a shorter period of time.